22 February 2022
The American Eagle Foundation posted this information today for the contest naming Little Bit, NE27. You will notice that its older sibling has been given the name Jasper. So you are only voting to name the youngest of Samson and Gabby’s 2022 eaglets.
These are the five names and the reasons for their selection as posted on the AEF website:
1. Sunny refers to the “Sunshine State of FL”
2. Garnet refers to the January gemstone (the month NE27 hatched)
3. Jiji means clever and wise in Korean
4. River is a nod to Majory Stoneman Douglas who wrote “Everglades: River of Grass” which has been credited with influencing the creation of numerous parks and related conservation groups.
5. Rocket refers to the space coast area and the rockets that can be seen from the nest area. Rocket also describes the eaglet who will soon be taking off into the sky, flying and soaring high.
You will notice that this is a fund raiser. Each vote is $5.00 US or $6.65 CDN. You can pay by credit card or PayPal should you wish to participate. You can vote as many times as you want. The name with the most donations wins.
Yes! It is this cute little pumpkin that needs a name. Little Bit doesn’t seem to fit any longer!
If you wish not to participate formally, you can always guess which name will win and see if you are right. The voting closes on March 11 at noon.
Take care everyone.
Thanks to the American Eagle Foundation and the NE Florida Eagle Cam and the AEF streaming cam and FB page where I took my screen captures.